Name:

I am a Christian girl and plan to raise a Christian family after I graduate (as a nurse of course). I will warn you- things in this blog are bound to be completely random and pointless. I could literally talk about anything- and do it for hours.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I just got done reading "Us and Them" by David Sedaris and it reflects the curiosity of humankind. Everyone is curious when they meet someone (or a family) who is different from them. David describes a family who doesn't have a TV and went trick-or-treating on the "wrong" day. My family and I actually went trick-or-treating on the "wrong" day once. I know the crazy looks and often mean comments you get from people who think trick-or-treating has to be done on Oct. 31st. I thought it was very kind of his mother to act so sweet about the situation. However, at some point in time I believe we all have the "little boy with chocolate" syndrome. I know I have felt like I shouldn't have to give my best (whatever) away. No one wants to give up something they have earned, but if they did have to they certainly wouldn't give their best! I think as we grow up we learn that sharing is good and curiosity isn't always a bad thing but not to judge in the process of being curious! Thanks for listening!

Linds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home