Name:

I am a Christian girl and plan to raise a Christian family after I graduate (as a nurse of course). I will warn you- things in this blog are bound to be completely random and pointless. I could literally talk about anything- and do it for hours.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Dracula

I went to see the play Dracula Saturday at the BDPH. I wasn't impressed really.

I liked Renfield and Van Helsing a lot; but Lucy, The Count, and Abigail just ruined it for me.

Of course I liked Sarah as the "consort" =) very good job!

But anyway the three previously mentioned just did not do it for me. I felt like they weren't "in character" enough. Renfield was awesome!!!! Very good!

I personally like the book and even movie better than I did the play. I know the play is an adaptatation of the book so I didn't judge my feelings of the play on how I felt about the book.

I think the stage hands were way too loud when they were changing props, also, I think the BDPH needs some curtains so I don't see the stagehands. I know they were wearing black and the lights were turned off but you could still see them. It really got my focus out of the play. I was then focusing on other things and some of the actors did a horrible job of bringing my attention back.

It wasn't terrible but it wasn't my favorite either.

I will be attending the next play there- "Every Christmas Story Ever Told". Hopefully the stagehands for that show will be better and the actors can stay in character.

Linds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home