Name:

I am a Christian girl and plan to raise a Christian family after I graduate (as a nurse of course). I will warn you- things in this blog are bound to be completely random and pointless. I could literally talk about anything- and do it for hours.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

drugs+ nascar+ wisdom teeth= Thanksgiving 09

My dad's side of the family usually has Thanksgiving the Sunday BEFORE Thanksgiving on Thursday. I went this year and it was really good because my cousin and I are the first to go to college and we are both freshmen so we had a lot of stories. A nascar race is sure to be on the tv as we all sit around the living room and eat our dinner. This was our first Thanksgiving without my grandmother; she was definitely missed. The family is my dad, two uncles, three aunts, 5 cousins (including me). The cousin that is my age decided to talk about smoking some "mary jane" (only in my family would this be acceptable.) and back it up using the Bible. Genesis 1:12 is the verse he used. Although I don't agree with him doing drugs and I don't believe that's what God meant by Genesis 1:12, it was pretty entertaining. I don't think he is going to hell for doing drugs I just don't like drugs because I think they can mess up lives. Usually the "not-so-bad-drugs" lead to worse things. Back to the subject- It was a good thanksgiving with a good family who loves me to death! They are a precious group of people and I couldn't be more blessed to have them! My mom's side of the family hasn't done Thanksgiving since I have been alive. My stepdad's side has theirs on Thursday night. I had my wisdom teeth out wednesday before Thanksgiving Thursday. I was heavily medicated and pretty loopy. I couldn't eat anything; that didn't keep my from trying to smash up my grandmothers potato salad (the BEST EVER) and take three little bites. By the time I got those three bites down I realized everyone else was finished with their whole plate full of scrumptious food. I was so aggravated I just gave up on eating! The company was great that night! I love that family just like they were my blood family! They treat me like I was born into that family! (I was 6 when I entered that family) They are so funny and great! I am truly blessed to have spent Thanksgiving with two families that love me so much!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home