Name:

I am a Christian girl and plan to raise a Christian family after I graduate (as a nurse of course). I will warn you- things in this blog are bound to be completely random and pointless. I could literally talk about anything- and do it for hours.

Friday, December 4, 2009

My Christianity. Not sparing any feelings.

I usually let people know I am a Christian. I don't always disagree with people outloud because I hate arguing with people about their beliefs! I don't want people arguing with me about mine, but here it is! I am a Christian and I believe God sent Jesus to save me (and all baptized believers) from my sins and get me to heaven! I don't like all of this COC, baptist, lutheran, methodist, "non denominational", presbiterian crap! I don't think God only accepts one division of Christians! I think you should chose denomination based on how you worship best! I chose COC because I worship better without music (I am too ADD for that! I get all lost in the beat and the band). I personally think men are supposed to be leaders in the church and in the home (not abusers, a lot of people think that's what I mean when I say that). I don't think men get to tell women what to do, but I think they are LEADERS. I am not saying women can't have original thoughts I have PLENTY of those. I think you don't necessarily have to attend church to get to heaven. In the Bible it says "don't forsake the assembling of yourselves" I think that simply means don't just keep your worship and Bible studies to you alone. I think we need to get together with others and have Bible studies and worship the Lord together. I believe God loves everyone no matter what they have done. I don't believe everyone is going to heaven (although I don't think about people not going there because I want to see everyone there) but I wouldn't dare even think "they aren't going to heaven" because all sin is equal. I have sinned and I sure hope I'm going to heaven. Judging is a sin and if I judge someone that's just as bad as what they have done to make me say "they aren't goign to heaven". I don't like drugs or getting drunk. I don't like drugs for personal reasons, not because I think it's completely biblically wrong. Getting drunk is biblically wrong. I don't think drinking is bad. I'm one of those Christians that says "well Jesus had wine". Jesus did have wine, Jesus did not get drunk. I am against a few other things based on biblical research but that's not what's important. This is not a list of Lindsey's "no no's". I believe everyone has something good in them! I try to love everyone and I usually succeed at that! Sometimes I find that some people I simply cannot find anything I like about them. Not one thing. I don't wish that anything bad would happen to them I just try to stay away from them so I don't pray for a boulder to fall on their head. I wish so bad that the world (and even I) could love everyone else the way Jesus did. I don't think God has some huge list of no's and yes's for you to check off. I think He is fairly simple. He wants us to love and respect each other and ultimately live for Him. Obeying God does not have to be a check list. Love Him first, others second, and yourself third and everything else falls into place. I am a hypocrit. I will be the first to admit it. I don't always go by the JOY rule (Jesus, others, yourself) rule. I try but I fail because like the rest of the world I am selfish to my core. I try so hard not to be but it just takes over! So if you are a pray-er reading this would you pray for me to be more selfless and less selfish? thanks. I think one day I'll reach that! Just try to put up with me until I get there =)


Linds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home